15.2.12

Give of Yourself

I used to have an auto shop. In my office on the left side of the wall, I had a huge poster that act as my guide and reference in dealing with my customers. Now, I worked with a hotel company. I find it very easy in applying my day to day encounters with customers.

Greet Warmly -
  • Establish eye contact. Smile!
  • Greet them with respect, musta po Nay, Tay, Ate, Sir, Mam
  • Introduce yourself
  • Use a pleasant tone of voice
  • Listen attentively
  • Maintain a neat, a clutter free receiving office
Interact Professionally -
  • Follow telephone etiquette and procedures
  • Answer phone within 3 rings
  • Listen to phone messages promptly. Obtain pertinent information when taking messages
  • Return calls on the same day
  • Maintain customer privacy, knock before entering the room, close the door, draw the curtain, keep conversation in low level
  • Keep customer informed of waiting times and unexpected delays

Validate Needs -
  • Take ownership of the customers issue and needs and find solutions
  • Clarify by asking questions and repeating concerns
  • Understand the customer may not be at their best. Repeat information/instructions as necessary
  • Ask if were all questions/ requests answered
Exceed Expectations -
  • Go the extra mile to ensure a positive experience
  • Find a way to get to loyalty and trust
  • Do appropriate follow up calls